Main Street in Faison – 1920’s
Main Street Faison – est. 1925-1929
Entrance to Faison Hotel
Operated by Lil Oates McCullen
Faison Hotel….built by Isham Faison in mid 1872, sold 1/2 interest to John C. Hines in 1873 who sold the same 1/2 interest to
John B. Lane in 1875 who in return sold 1/2 interest back to Isham R Faison in 1879, then sold to B.B. Witherington in 1899 for $900…
Witherington heirs sold it to Lillie Oates McCullen in 1925 for $3500… It was located where the Faison Post Office is now located.
[Research conducted by William House]
1929 – Main Street Faison
Close-up of the store shown in the above picture from 1929. See below discussion about the ownership.
INSERT TEXT from WIlliam House